I don't have too many flashy pictures or super fun summer days to share with you this week. It was a busy week, but not photo op busy. I do have one little 8th birthday party to show you, but that will get it's own post. This post will just be the rest of week. I will not be continuing the day by day replay format after the summer is over so don't worry, you won't always have to hear all the tedious details of our daily lives.
Monday I scheduled a Primary meeting at the same time as piano lessons. Oops. We rescheduled last minute, when Alyssa showed me her daily schedule and I saw piano lessons on there. We ran to piano and then off to the meeting. When we got there Alyssa made sure to tell my friend, Andra, that the meeting was throwing her off her schedule for the day. Don't my kids have lovely manners? We blabbed it up for a couple hours and hopefully accomplished...something? Either way, my kids had a blast since there were 10 kids running wild while we met. I really should hang out with my church friends more often.
Photo not available.
Photo not available.
Tuesday we actually did have a little field trip with the Hawleys...to kids bowl free. I can't believe they let you bowl 2 games per day. It was packed in there and as people were waiting for a lane our little goofballs hogged up their lane for 3 hours. You do have to pay $1.50 for shoe rental, but still a great deal. And we figured out where they make their money. At the snack bar. All the kids cared about was getting a snack.
Chloe broke 100. Of course she was using the ramp, but still...she broke 100 on her first attempt at bowling. I have never broken 100.
Wednesday July 21st
It sums up the day. Another mess to clean, and back to the store to buy more sprinkles.
Party day. I spent from 11:00AM until 4:00PM getting ready for the guests. Making cupcakes, decorating, last minute store runs, and picking up the messes I was making along the way. I was completely ready with two hours to spare. I will show you the party soon, in it's very own stand alone post.
Last night after the party, the weather got really nasty. I sat and read in my room for several hours while facing the window and watching the storm. Every minute or so lightning would strike. It was stunning. I have lots of trees in my backyard and all I could see is the shadow of their branches silhouetted against a periwinkle sky. I knew I couldn't catch it on camera so I made sure to look for it after every clap of thunder. Beautiful, and what is more comfortable than being all cozied up with a book during a storm? How about nothing.
Friday July 23rd
The kids stayed very busy playing with all of Alyssa's presents from last night. At one point Alyssa came and asked me to open a doll that was sewn into her box, even the hair was sewn down. I was cutting pits out of cherries for Chloe so I asked Alyssa to wait just a minute. She answered, "Mommy, it's an emergency, I'm bored". Oh pardon me, allow me to open that for you immediately, your majesty.
4 comments:
you got it. Eye-la.
I know what you mean, I wish I had a photog all the time. It was just so powerful. Almost makes me want o have another one :D
That storm was so crazy. I know what you mean about the humidity. Thursday night before the rain hit I was coming out of Target and about died. The air was so thick. Yuck.
I seriously can't get over Chloe and all her crazy messes...she has to have set a record or something! What is going on with her hair in that sprinkles pic though...no more Gene Wilder??
Val, don't worry about Gene...he is still here. I just had her hair pulled back in a ponytail.
Post a Comment