CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Sund-eh?

Okay, so it was not officially Easter Sunday but since we have church on TV from Tennessee next weekend, we did the whole Easter dress thing today, or yesterday according to Blogger, but it was still today to me.

Seth had a meeting at 10:00, and I had a meeting at 10:30 (church is at 11:30) so we had to hurry to get everyone out on time. You'd think after 8:30 church last year that 10:30 would be a piece of cake, but today it proved to be a challenge. So, there was no time to do cutesy pictures. I snapped a few and we got what we got. Chloe was being so naughty. She would pose all cute and request a picture and when I'd raise the camera she would laugh and run away.

Oh well, at least we have documentation, if nothing else.

The girls were wearing new dresses that I bought at my friend Jen's, Matilda Jane trunk show. I had never heard of Matilda Jane and most of their stuff is way too busy for me. Imagine you just grabbed any 12 pieces of fabric and made them in to one shirt, with attached bibs and aprons and all kinds of chaos. I did manage to find a few things that I loved, and one ugly dress that Alyssa begged for and I caved. We'll look at that one another day though. Today we will look at the one I picked and which she now agrees is her favorite.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


These dresses were a bit pricey so we decided to get Alex something nice as well. He had FITS! He hates to dress up and kept telling me that he wanted a dinosaur costume for his Easter outfit. I kept trying to explain that Easter is not that kind of holiday. Then I got his hair cut and he told me it was "too short, and hideous". Our attempts to get him something nice felt more like we were torturing him, but once he got dressed he was actually HAPPY and said he looked just like daddy. After church he said, "I thought my teacher wouldn't even recognize me, but she recognized my head." Funny boy!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And here are the three together. Our pre-church group shots were a train wreck. This picture is after church and it is the best I was going to get.

Photobucket
And she was off and running again.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also, the dress that Chloe was wearing is actually a size 6 shirt. Isn't it cute on Alyssa? If I am going to buy expensive clothes I am going to get my money's worth. It had two decorative buttons in back and we rubber banded them together to make a dress for Chloe, since it coordinated so perfectly with what Alyssa was wearing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And one last piece of Easter business. Saturday morning when we woke up, Alyssa was at the table finishing up some art. This kid sneaks out of bed at horrific hours...sometimes I have found her crafting at 4AM. Saturday she was cutting and decorating eggs and bunnies and assembling them in to Easter basket decorations. One for Cedar, one for Olive, one for Aspen, and one for Alex. Can you tell she is excited to spend Easter with cousins?

Photobucket

Alright, I have to run. I promised Seth I would be in bed by 12:30 tonight. Shh! Don't tell on me. I had to show you my cute kids. Plus, I made super delicious chocolate chip cookies and I needed to eat a few.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We made chocolate chip cookies today too (the big fat chewy recipe).

"She recognized my head!!!!" That is my new favorite Al line. I think he is the funniest guy ever.

Chloe is cracking me up in all the pics too. You can just tell by her faces and body language that she is amused with herself. And Alyssa looks exactly like you in all these pics.

Seth and Julie said...

Val, I made tuppies, bfc are a delicious choice as well. I knew you would like "she recongnized my head". Wouldn't normal people say face? But then again Alex says "humans" instead of "people" too. Chloe was a piece of work and she knew it! I think Alyssa is starting to resemble me more because of those big front teeth coming in...poor kid. She wears them better than I did though.

Sarah E. said...

I hope that your kids are half as excited as my kids are. Cedar (I think) was trying to convince me that you guys were coming on Tuesday. Super cute dresses. I am having the hardest time finding anything. There is Walmart, Kmart, Kohls and JCPenny out here. And NOTHING fits Aspen. It's all too short or too big in the neck.

Katelin said...

Adorable!! (By the way, I wrote this huge long comment on your other post last night, and I know I posted it, and I can't see it on here. I don't know what's up with that!! I hope this one works...)

Julie L said...

I've never heard of the clothing line, but I love both the dress and the shirt, and thought you were your super creative self in making it work as a matching dress for Chloe as well! Darling, darling! And Alex just looks too too grown up. My favorite picture is the one of Seth tying his tie. How awesome is that?!

Cheryl said...

I loved their dresses. I had no idea that Chloe's 'dress' was a shirt. That's great. I just thought you had bought matching dresses for them. It looks great as a dress and as a shirt so it seems like that was a great buy!
Alex looked really handsome too. I also love the head comment. He is so funny.
Have fun on your trip!

Jen said...

The kids looked gorgeous (even Alex, even if could only recognize his head...LOL). Looks like you ended up with 2 girly girls, too. Funny how the girls were so excited that they were "matching".

Cute Easter basket decorations as well.

Catherine said...

How cute! You're kids are so darling. I love their new Easter outfits. And what a good idea to use that cute top as a dress for one and a shirt for another. I love the story about Alex and his teacher recognizing his head.

You're pictures turned out great. All three of your kids look adorable.

Heather said...

You would think I would be able to get to church by 11:30 as well. Ryan is gone, but I dont have any meetings. Somehow, we are still usually walking in after the opening song. So I dont blame you for running behind...I totally get it, and glad Im not the only one! I had no time for pictures either, so I threatened the kids to not mess up their hair at church so I could get pictures after. The problem with that was, Brylee decided to skip her nap for the day, so she was awnery, and Zack was much like Chloe and kept getting up or making angry faces in the picture. Just think how fun it will be to tell them about it when they look bcak at those pictures when they are older. Little stinks!

Katie and Mark said...

Love those dresses! Everyone looks great!