Would you believe that we just finally put up our Christmas tree?
I had every intention of doing a Christmas project every single day this month, but it has turned in to a rushed and hectic few weeks. I have had 7 million things to try to keep up with, and Seth has been working long days. Every morning we say we will decorate the tree that night, but the whole wide world has been determined to interfere.
Seth got home late tonight, but we decided that the tree was going up. We are only a week away from Christmas for crying out loud. So, school night or not, we put up the tree.
The 2009 Johnson Family Ornament
Hot cocoa and cookies, of course!
Chloe was happily absorbed in her goodies
Alyssa is the only person I know who actually likes candy canes
And Alex kept trying to scoot out of the picture because he was mad that I gave Chloe the cup he wanted to use.
And just for fun, does anyone recognize the jammies that Chloe and Alex are wearing?
Yep, Alyssa and Alex wore them back in 2006.
And you know what else is funny? When I looked up the 2006 pictures I found that the same day we took that picture, we moved Alex from his crib in to the toddler bed...
And Alyssa out of the toddler bed, and in to a big bed.
Which is weird because over the weekend we went to Ikea and got Alex this big boy, prison style bunk bed...
And yesterday we moved Chloe in to the toddler bed.
Three years later we are living out the exact same stories.
And now, even though I am way late I am going to jump on those Christmas activities before the season is gone.
Second Week of School
3 years ago
10 comments:
I knew those jammies looked familiar! Was Al thrilled with those bunks or what? That pic of him as a toddler looks like Luke just a little bit. I agree that it feels like it's going too fast!!
Yay for getting your tree up. The kids look cute in their matching p.j.s, too. How funny that you guys got new beds for the kids for 2 different Christmases. Alex's bunk bed looks awesome. I'm sure he loves it.
P.S. Sorry I've been absent lately. It's been a super hectic week with getting ready for our trip. A little emotional, too, with some medical news that may or may not turn out to be anything (fingers crossed).
Have a great Christmas! We'll talk soon.
oKay...So dont mind me, I have a lot to say about this post. I will try and go in order ;)
1- YAY for decorating the tree with your ornaments symbolizing the growth of your family. I LOVE it!
2- I was SOOOO happy to see YOU in a picture, with the kids. Because JUST as much as we LOVE seeing those cutie pies, we DO want to see YOU too!
3-i HEART your 2009 ornament. SO CUTE!
4-Glad to know my kids arent the ONLY ones who still get upset when a sibling gets a cup or plate or fork THEY wanted!
5-WOOOT WOOOT for hand me downs. They still look JUST as great and JUST as cute! But I do miss Alyssa and Alex at that age, THAT is the age I remember them the MOST! :(
6-Love Al's new bed and LOVE the painting/colors job in the girls room.
Are you up for another post like this in THREE or four more years with just maybe ONE more Johnson added to the fam?!?!?!? Just kidding ;)
Merry Christmas!
Sorry for the LONG LONG comment, but I had a lot to say ;)
That is a cute post! Where do you even get these personalized ornaments? They are really too cute! That is too funny that you had a little deja vu night, pj's, beds and all! I had scratched matching jammies off my list this year just in the name of simplifying, but maybe I'll have to put it back on. It's so cute!
Val, Al and Alyssa are both equally excited about the bunks. Alyssa has not returned to her own bed since. They take turns sleeping on the top bunk and I am waiting to see if the newness will wear off or if we have new roommates on our hands.
Jen, I meant to call you all week to hang out before you left me alone all next week, but life got really busy. I hope you are all okay. Now you have me worried. I guess I better call you after I type this comment.
Margie, Now that you see my poor deer in the headlights picture you know why I hardly ever allow myself to be photographed. I am so horribly unphotogenic.
Katelin, you have to do matching jammies. It's the cutest part of Christmas. We have new ones coming on Christmas Eve that I bought on Clearance months ago at Carter's. I actually planned ahead for once and got a great deal! As for the ornaments, they are everywhere. This year we got it from a kiosk in the middle of the mall. Sometimes we go to a Christmas store, sometimes just Walmart/Target will have one you can personalize. This year we were supposed to be snowmen with dangly ice skates. The demo had 5 snowmen so I grabbed the one behind it and handed it to the guy. After he had half of our names written in permanent marker I noticed that it had 6 snowmen. I thought they were all the same as the demo. I felt so stupid and luckily he didn't charge me for the one I ruined. So now we are frogs instead. Ha,Ha!
Wow, so you just got the tree up? Didn't your kids wonder why you didn't have it up yet? Mine bug me before Thanksgiving about the tree. Plus all that work, I can't imagine for just one week. Sometimes I am tempted to leave it up all of January too......not really. Christmas in one week!!
What cute pictures! Yeh, I can't believe that you just got your tree up! but, hey, better late than never!
Kory, yes my kids definitely bugged us to get the tree up but this month has been crazy! I had training from the 1st-8th from 7-10PM for that job that I haven't worked since, ha,ha! And Seth's work has been crazy since the layoffs earlier this year...lots of extra work for those left behind. Not complaining, we are happy to be employed, but just so busy. Then with church and school and everything else, there just wasn't a moment to do it, unless one of us was left out and none of us wanted to be left out.
So, you may all bust my chops, but I have good reasons for being tardy. I wasn't being a Grinch this time. Hee,hee! And the tree is more magical the longer you wait for it. We haven't turned the lights off once and I keep catching the kids sitting and gazing.
Chloe, did you stay in your big bed all night?
Love your new ornament, and your tree looks great, and the picture of you is fine. Also love the paint job in Chloe's room! This Christmas seems to be a crazy one that is sneaking up on everyone. Its been a weird year that way, so dont feel too bad about getting your tree up this late!
Post a Comment