I am so excited because this year my silly town is actually going to trick-or-treat on Halloween. Usually they trick-or-treat the Sunday before Halloween and we are at church. This year since Halloween is on Saturday they are making an exception and we get to trick-or-treat!!!! Yippee!!! We usually just get the church trunk or treat but I feel like my kids need the experience of going door to door for 3 hours. Don't even try to tell me that wasn't one of your very FAVORITE childhood experiences.
Now I do hear that Trick-or-Treating is a little different here in Wisconsin. All the preschool moms tell me that they give candy to the kids and a beer, or a shot to the parents. I must say that I have never seen that before.
Since we are talking about trick-or-treating, these are my favorite goodies to find in my Halloween pumpkin, or pillowcase during those super greedy tween years.
10- Milk Duds- I don't think I have ever bought a box of milk Duds of my own free will but I sure love to see those mini boxes on Halloween.

9- Tootsie Rolls- I love tootsie rolls and as long as you give me a whole handful, or one of the tootsie roll bars then I am very pleased with my treat.

8- Sugar Babies- I have definitely never seen these anywhere but in the Halloween mix but I love them. They remind me of childhood. They just scream Halloween candy to me.

7- Swedish Fish- Mmmmm! I mostly stay away from gummy, or fruity candy but Swedish fish are irresistible and even better if they are just a touch on the stale side.
6- Any Full Sized Candy- It doesn't even matter if I like the given candy or even if I eat it, it just matters that someone gave me a big candy. Thank you, I will be back to your house next year.
5- M&M's- I love ALL kinds of M&M's, but I will pick a favorite, and the winner is...peanut butter!
4- Snickers- I think Snickers may be the perfect candy bar. It is not necessarily my favorite but I do LOVE it and it has all the components of a good candy bar. The other day I ate a Baby Ruth which had the same basic description as a Snickers (chocolate, peanuts, nougat, caramel) but for some reason it is not in the same league as a Snickers. Can anyone explain that?
3- Milky Way Dark- Or I think they actually call it Milky Way Midnight these days. Either way it is YUMMY! I love dark chocolate and the nougat and caramel in this are so good too. I must tell you that I will not eat a regular Milky Way though. Those taste like melted plastic.
2- Twix- I love Twix bars. If my kids eat any Twix bars at Halloween, they do it before we get home and they mysteriously vanish. What's that you say? Oh, I have a little string of caramel on my chin? That's weird, I wonder where that came from?

1- Novelty Candy- I love when I get something creative, fun or new. Wax lips were a fave as a child. I also like a can of soda, a super rope licorice, giant plastic pixy sticks (which is what Alex picked to pass out this year), and what about when someone bundles up a whole bunch of goodies in a cute treat bag. That's what I'm talking about. Someone put a "best trick-or-treating" sign in that yard.

You should know that I also love Peppermint Patties and I usually buy myself some cute pumpkin shaped ones, but they DO NOT belong in a Halloween pumpkin. The mint rubs off and contaminates the taste and smell of Halloween. So watch closely and if you see one drop in to your loot bag, hurry and fish it out and put it in a pocket, or your mouth. Be quick, just one can ruin the whole Halloween.
And just so you know, these are the things I never want to see when I dump out my bucket for sorting. Pretzels, granola bars, raisins, religious pamphlets, pencils, whoppers, and for heaven sakes, please Mr. Dentist, I do not want a toothbrush!
How about you? What's your poison?

13 comments:
Julie,
All of the Mars candies: The small ones; Snickers, Milky Way,3 Musketeers, Milky Way Dark (or whatever it's called now), Snickers Almond, M&M's plain, M&M peanuts
Baby Ruth, Almond Joy, Mounds, Butterfinger, Junior Mints, Tootsie Rolls, Bubble Gum, Chiclets, Malt Balls, Tootsie Pops, ...
Is that 10 yet?
Dad
Julie,
I thought of some more......
Hershey's Plain chocolote, Crunch, Almond, Mr. Goodbar
Nestle's Crunch
Reeses peanut butter cups, Lifesavers,Good&Plenty, Jelly Belly's,
Mike&Ikes, 100 Grand
I gotta go to the store, I'll get back to you
Dad
chocolate!
Last year I sent Luke on a Hot Tamales run, those are my #1 (mom knows). You are right about Snickers...perfect bar. I also like all of the MnM's. I can't think of what I wanted most as a kid. I remember how we would stalk the big houses that gave out full bars back in the day, and how we would pour out all the candy and make trades at the end of the night.
Oh yah, I always liked the bubble gums. Not just the super bubbles, but the other ones that were oblong and came in grape and apple flavors. Remember those?
Peanut butter M and Ms, like you said. We are hooked. I already told the kids to greedily grab any they can get their hands on for Halloween and then they have to hand them straight over. Mwah hah hah.
And I'm with you about Swedish Fish. I hate gummy candy, but Swedish Fish just have that special somethin' extra kind of flavor. It's probably caffeine:)
Snickers are definitely #1, but Twix, Almond Joy, Kit Kat, Reese's PB Cups, Peanut M&Ms, and any other chocolate were and are always my FAV!!! I always hated those weird taffy kind of things that come in black and orange wrappers. I always traded away my Bit O'Honeys and most fruity stuff if I could get chocolate in exchange, although I do enjoy some fruity things now--definitely love Swedish Fish. I totally agree that Milky Ways are gross. It'll be interesting to see what the kids get this year...
When my kids dump out there bags I only go for the chocolate. I can resist everything else. Especially Almond Joy! Twix and then maybe snickers and kit kats. Of course you have to separate everything and categorize it and then eat it.
I think it might of been easier for your dad to list the candy he doesn't like.
Shelly's sister (the health nut) publicly declared buying pencils to give out, we've tried to straighten her out with no success.
I'm starting to wonder if we were separated at birth? You hit all the key elements of Halloween!
Now II've just got to get up the guts to hang out with you. I always lose my train of thought when you're around because your SO cool.
Anything in candybar form. Almond Joy, Twix, Kit Kats are probably my fav's. But all chocolate is welcome.
Baby Ruth and Butterfingers. Oh yeah, these aren't your favorites because as a kid you never got these. I would always go through your pumpkin first to be sure the candy was "safe" and then I would eat all the Butterfingers and Baby Ruths. YUM!
Dad, remember when Milky Way Dark was first re-introduced and you were cutting them in to bites for each of us? That was weird, but they were so good that we ended up running back for more all weekend, and for the next 20 years.
Val, I know how you feel about the Hot Tamales, but those grape and apple gums tasted like bad breath. I loved the end of the night candy trade! I need to get my kids started with that.
Erin, I am cracking up at the caffeine comment...I'm checking the label.
Katelin, I agree about those black and orange wax paper taffy things. Who buys those? Yuck!
Jimmie, no separating the candy...that ruins the Halloween smell.
LeShel, you must know that I am laughing at the COOL comment. I am so not cool. You were kidding, right? I think you are hilarious and so much fun to hang out with. If you lose your train of thought it is only because my nervous mouth never stops moving.
Mom, you can keep those nasty Baby Ruths and Butterfingers, in fact, wanna trade me for your Twix and Snickers?
And to all those who said chocoate...AMEN! I don't like the pixy sticks and wax lips for taste purposes, just because they are unique and fun to look at in the mix.
I think that comment may have been longer than the post itself.
Love anything covered in DARK chocolate. Mounds is my favorite. Reese's PB Cups, whatchamacallit's, twix, Reese's Pieces are next on the list. Also I like to add some fruity candies to the mix once in a while such as Smarties, Skittles, Sweet Tarts. I just love candy. Period.
I was also cracking up at the caffeine comment...and the "cool" comment, ha ha!! Just teasing. I can't stand Butterfinger or Baby Ruth either so maybe it is because mom snagged them all.
Post a Comment