CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just cause it's funny...

I try not to post more than once in a day but this story was too cute and I just had to share it.

This morning we were heading out to the park. We had to find a new park now that I am ashamed to show my face at the park where the apple incident occurred.

The park we were going to took us right past a cemetery. As we drove past, Alex talked about the dead people that "live" there like he always does. Then he asks me, "Mom, is that where Jesus is buried."

"No Alex, Jesus is alive."

"Is that where he was buried when he died?"

"No Alex, Jesus didn't live in this country."

"Well I know he was buried there so he was probably here on acation when he died".(that is not a typo, Alex calls vacation, acation)

I give up on trying to explain where Jesus died for the moment and ask, "What happened to Jesus 3 days after he died?"

Alex answers, "He turned into an angel. I wish I was born with wings."

Alyssa chimes in, "No, he was resurrected and if you don't believe it He can show you the scars in His hands."

We have similar conversations everyday. We talk about Jesus everyday. I am still teaching the gospel full time, though not very well apparently. We will have to do some follow up with Alex on the whole resurrection thing.

FYI: We loved the new park. We were the only ones there for 2 full hours, unless you count the old man combing the playground with a metal detector the whole time.

Do you want to see pictures? Probably not. I mean, how many times can I post park pictures before it gets old? It is a new park though so I had to take the camera.













11 comments:

Susie said...

I wish I was there with you. Did Alyssa do an impersonations like she did of Steven the last time we were at the park?

LeShel said...

looks like a rockin park

Jen said...

Too funny of Alex's perception of Jesus' death, but it sounds like you are doing a good job of educating them on the resurrection. My kids don't even know that word yet.

Looks like an awesome park. You will have to take us there one day.

Sally said...

We have the death and ressurection talks all the time. I don't think James will grasp the concept for quite some time. Love the picture of Chloe through the bars!

Anonymous said...

Alex may not have wings, but he is definitely an angel!!

Heather said...

Thats good that Alyssa knew better, to correct him. Shes a beginner missionary, even if it is with her brother! That looks like a fun park. Where is it?

Seth and Julie said...

Heather, Jen and Leshel

That's the park where we had the Primary Activity on Saturday. It is over by the church. I can't believe I had never been there before. It is super nice. It's a little far from my house but the one near my house is always packed and it is by the high school, so during the school year the kids that are skipping class are always there and up to no good. Not that we have very many "park weather" days during the school year anyway...

Tanya said...

What a cute story! I LOVE that park. It's great for all ages.

Mocktalk said...

Julie, how do you know the lady Seth hit with an apple isn't there too?

Seth and Julie said...

Jimmie, Seth didn't hit her, our friend Jared did. She said she lived across the street from the other park too and this new one is across town. Plus there was NO ONE there.

Emily said...

Ah Julie your funny!! I love that you are going to a new park now. Looks like fun though!

Your kids are so cute! I love the pic of Chloe through the bars. So funny.