It was a group of people travelling around trying to live like native Americans. They were all sleeping in teepees and riding around in homemade canoes. They were selling all kinds of handmade stuff as well. And the clothing...well that was really something. Some people looked like old time chiefs while others were walking around in buttless, thighless pants. Luckily they had a little leather loincloth on as well but even still...yikes!
I wanted to take a picture of everything I saw because truly I have never seen anything like this, but I was embarrassed to take pictures of strangers and I didn't want them to think I was making fun of them. Perhaps it is best that I allow you to just picture buttless pants guy in your mind.
Did you do it? Good. Then we may proceed.
Then we travelled back to present day Wisconsin and went out to dinner. A much more normal experience although the restaurant we chose had goose decoys in place of decorations. The scary part is, I think they were going for a fancy look. Gotta love it here.
We headed from the restaurant over to "taste of Wisconsin". Why did we not just eat there you ask? Because we already know that we don't really like the "taste" of Wisconsin. Brats, custard, beer...just not our style. But we thought we'd go check it out.
We did let the kids decorate a cupcake at one booth which happened to be run by a ward member. That was the only taste we took.


Then today, Miss Alyssa gave her first ever talk in Primary. One time they asked her to read a scripture and she went insane. I think everyone in the church heard her freaking out. That was when she was 4 and no one has ever dared ask her again, until now.
And she did it! She said she was nervous but that she was happy that she did it. Our microphone is broken and so I am pretty sure I am the only one who heard her since I stood right next to her. I am proud of her though. This was about more than just the words she was speaking. This was a big step for a little girl.
I recorded her talk after church to share with all of you. Never mind the background noise. That was Alex trying to be inconspicuous, by stomping around and turning an air hose on and off, after being told explicitly not to make any noise.
9 comments:
Looks like an interesting thing to part be part of. I have no desire to live like my ancestors. I relish in all the technology and conveniences we have today.
Alyssa did a great job today! I couldn't quite hear what she was saying in Primary, but at least she gave it her all. Of course, there was a LOT of background noise.
Great talk Alyssa! I love it!
Bayley wanted to say good job to Alyssa! She wishes she could have been there. And for the weird native american stuff...WOW...I wish I could have seen that. There is always something going on in Wisconsin that is for sure. Miss you guys!!!
I could hear most of Alyssa's talk, and it was great--too bad she didn't give it last week when the whole Primary was eerily quiet. Your sharing time was good, too! Yeah, that Rendezvous was strange--I felt like an intruder into some strange cult that I wasn't supposed to be seeing, since they didn't approach/acknowledge us and try to tell us about their stuff unless we asked, and I still don't get how the whole thing works--who pays for all that? Oh, well.
Great job Alyssa. Your mom was shy too but when she was only 5 she sang a song all by herself in the primary Sacrament meeting program. I'm proud of you.
aww, I was really looking forward to the picture of the pantless guy. That would have made my day!!! I think as kids get older most get over the shyness of talking in Primary. My kids are the opposite. They always volunteer and then I get stuck with a talk every week.
HOORAY!! Great job Alyssa!
Way to go Alyssa! That is great.
And, you ought to come to the Mt. Man Rendezvous held at Fort Bridger, WY every Labor Day weekend. Loincloth--no pants at all!
Nice talk Alyssa!!! I have a girl in my class who reminds of Alyssa SOOOO much and I love it.
Post a Comment