CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Becoming Seth and Julie: 9 years

Today is the day! 9 years. Some days I can't believe how fast it has gone and other days I can't believe we were ever two separate beings. The best thing about eternal marriage is that no matter how long we are married we can't make a dent in it. It would be hard to celebrate another year together if it meant we were getting closer to our hourglass running out, but it is still full. It will always be full. No matter how many anniversaries we are blessed to celebrate in mortality, we will always have infinite anniversaries to look forward to in eternity.

Today was pretty much just a regular old day. Seth went to work and my kids ran me ragged all day. So romantic! Every day with Seth is a gift though, not just this one. If I only thanked God for him once a year I would be ungrateful indeed. On our previous anniversaries we have gone out but today we went to say goodbye to our friends who are moving instead (I will be crying about that on the blog tomorrow). I don't feel like we missed an opportunity though because I know that real LOVE doesn't care what date is on the calendar.

And to Seth: Thanks for letting me share our story with the world and moreover for letting me live it. For once, I am without words.


This is a picture Alyssa took of us today. Now I know what they mean by "for better, or for worse". This is definitely not our best showing. I am sporting the tired, stay at home mom look with hair in full frizz mode. And apparently no one has told Seth that no shave November is over! We look like 30 something Midwesterners. Heaven help us.

Anyhow, I am sorry today's episode was so short but it is my anniversary. You didn't honestly think I would sit at this computer all night, did you?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary!

Tony and Ann said...

I think Seth looks like he's in rut! That's Wyomingese for getting ready for the hunt--you know, when men go around relieving themselves on the ground to mark their territory, when their necks swell, and they start making funny noises and smelling funny!! Anyway, hope your birthday was great, and have a good trip. I just showed your story to Grandma-Grandma, so she'll be reading it soon. Have you thought about having it printed and bound? There are companies that do that.

Sarah E. said...

Happy anniversary! i enjoyed reading your story. There are many things that I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. Have a fun Christmas and be safe!

Team Ryan said...

Happy Anniversary! THANK you for those wonderful posts! Hope you have a great day!

Brittney said...

I was inspired by Alex's curly locks. Boston finally started to grow some hair, I've been growing it since he was born.

Sally said...

Happy Anniversary! I like th frizzy haired, fuzzy beared picture. It's real life!