CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Indoor Fun and Outdoor Yum

We just sent Grandpa Bob back to Salt Lake this morning so I have many fun things to show you from his week long visit but even before we can go there I guess I should catch you up on just a few things from before he arrived.

It has been the silliest summer so far. It was cold until a couple weeks ago and when it finally got warm it decided to rain for a week straight so it was both wet and muggy out. One day it did clear long enough to sneak to Six Flags for a few hours but much of the time we were trapped indoors so when I saw a Groupon for Jump America I had to well, jump on it. Jump America is a trampoline park and Alex went for a b-day party about 6 months ago and the girls have begged to go check it out ever since. I keep meaning to take them but it is $20 for one person to jump for two hours and I think $60 is a bit much for 3 kids to jump on a trampoline but the groupon got two of them in for half off and Alex had a coupon from the party he went to that got him two hours for the price of one. I thought that with the bad weather it would be packed but we went from 3-5 one afternoon and for the first hour there were about 20 people there and the second hour it was just us and 3 other kids, so 6 kids total with 6 huge jumping areas to play in. The kids absolutely loved it!
 photo 002_1_zpsb1bc6938.jpg
 photo 010_1_zps485c82e0.jpg
 photo 012_1_zpsce6183e1.jpg
 photo 013_zpsd467ffa3.jpg

 photo 022_1_zpsc0df93db.jpg
 photo 025_1_zps61ffe546.jpg 
Funny how some of Alex's jumps looked an awful lot like Tae Kwon Do...
 photo 036_1_zpsd103b602.jpg 
And some of Alyssa's looked a lot like Figure Skating
 photo 039_1_zpsdbd78067.jpg

 photo 054_1_zps732d74e5.jpg
 photo 059_zpsd45d399e.jpg 
The older two spent at least half of their time playing Dodge Ball.
 photo 064_zps5eef36e0.jpg 
At the start of their first game Alyssa shouted to the other team...Give it your best shot...

 photo 066_1_zpse9ffa93d.jpg 
Then she jumped in the air and on the way down got beamed by a ball...
 photo 067_zpsa1cace48.jpg 
So she was cracking up when she ran off the court
 photo 069_zpsd21e9a40.jpg
 photo 071_zpsf4de06fb.jpg

Chloe decided to ignore the other kids in the small dodge ball court and chase this poor referee around the whole time.  I stopped taking pictures eventually because I didn't want to creep him out but she went on to chase him for at least 20 minutes.
 photo 073_zps0e8c93a3.jpg
 photo 075_zps918f20d5.jpg
 photo 076_zps823dc237.jpg
 photo 078_zpsf9ae7fec.jpg
 photo 079_zps63f92979.jpg

 photo 083_zpsa0bd7149.jpg
 photo 084_zpscf687eb6.jpg
 photo 085_zpsc24533dd.jpg
 photo 086_zps9c9639b8.jpg
 photo 088_zpse2cee640.jpg
 photo 090_zps1b55e7e5.jpg
 photo 091_zpsb2c166e1.jpg 
No one was on the plain jumping courts at all so they got that to themselves for awhile.
 photo 097_zpsb4b8bd17.jpg
 photo 104_zps8cac0906.jpg 
Chloe found a BFF like she does everywhere she goes. The little kids jumping area was occupied by just Chloe and her friend and after her friend left she stood there and talked the ears off another one of the refs. This one is not shy.

 photo 120_zpse9633917.jpg
 photo 118_1_zps1e032cc7.jpg
 photo 119_zpsd9b218f6.jpg 
And she posed as many times as she could get me to point a camera at her, like she always does.
 photo 122_zps7488cbf8.jpg
 photo 123_zpsb173a826.jpg


The only other thing I have pictures of from before Grandpa's visit is strawberry picking. The season started late this year since it took so long to get warm but we went one Friday night at the peak of the season and the berries were so plentiful that we had our 24 quarts in no time.
 photo 147_zps78a60cbc.jpg 
Chloe posing while Alyssa works.
 photo 151_1_zps87a52741.jpg
 photo 152_1_zps16f86f84.jpg
 photo 157_1_zps2540af22.jpg 
Chloe picking flowers while Seth works.
 photo 164_1_zps03304018.jpg 
For the record, if it looks like I take more pics of Chloe than the other two it is because the other two dodge me and she follows the spotlight. 
 photo 166_zps343a0124.jpg
 photo 169_1_zps3294f560.jpg
 photo 170_1_zps9dbb180b.jpg 

I think that wipes my camera clean so that I can get to work on the Grandpa Bob post(s). Thankfully the good weather did join us for most of his visit but this week it is going to be rain, rain and more rain again.

2 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

Jump America looks like SO much fun! And that Chloe is a crack-up--where does she find those poses? the pics of the kids in mid-air are great! And you're right--I can see TKD and skating! Sure miss you guys--but we are already down to only 3 weeks til we leave!

Cheryl said...

That place looks like fun! I didn't even know about it. We never did strawberry picking either.
Great pictures!