It's been one busy Easter weekend.
Spring Break started on Friday and Seth was off so we cleaned and shopped and did the regular old TKD thing, where hooray, belts had arrived! Here's Camo Man!
Saturday morning we painted Easter eggs, which I have NO pictures of because I was working on my lesson for Sunday. Then we were off to Milwaukee for the Brewers game. We played the Cardinals, which is funny because both games we went to last year were against the Cardinals. Sadly, the Brewers have lost every game we have ever been to as long as we've lived here (even last year when they had 96 wins we managed to go when they lost). On Saturday, they won 6-0. Glad that curse is broken. Although they have lost their other two games this season, so maybe now they will lose when we aren't there. Uh-oh!
Look who we ran into on our way in to the stadium!
We usually sit across the stadium from Bernie but since Chloe is obsessed with him we sat right by his dugout this time. See, he is right by us. He waved at us about 100 times but by then I had put the camera away. Chloe loved following his every move but I didn't like those seats because Bernie's balcony blocks the jumbotron...never realized how much I look at the jumbotron.
How cute is this little baseball enthusiast? She charmed her daddy into hot dogs, licorice ropes, cotton candy and nachos.
Chorizo and the boys lining up to race. I took a video again but do not want to wait 2 hours for it to load. Chorizo won, again! By a mile this time.
Saturday night we got home and I was up until 3AM working on my Easter handouts for church and playing Easter bunny so as you can imagine, Easter morning came way too soon so I do not have too many pictures of that either.
For my Easter handout I wanted to make panoramic sugar eggs that were empty inside, like the tomb of course, but could not find a mold anywhere. So....after much consulting with Seth and Valerie I blew out eggs and dyed the hollow shells. Then we (by we I mean me and Seth...he helped me with so many things for this lesson...so grateful!) got transfer paper and transferred an image of the Savior and a scripture on to the eggs which was cool, but half the time it peeled and it took forever. Then we modpodged a pic of the Savior on the eggs and that was okay but looked a little messier than I wanted it to. So I finally just attached a picture and scripture to cardstock and wrapped it around the egg with flower brads and ribbon.
After my Easter bunny duties, of course. No new Easter clothes this year. The girls' dresses from last year still fit and since they were kind of fancy they had not worn them once since then.
Chloe held up her Bernie Brewer pillow pet (that is what the silly girl asked for) and the mustache happened to fall right on her upper lip. Ha,ha! Jessica, if you are reading this...you can see the Desitin line I was telling you about on my wall behind Chloe...told you it was visible and it goes all the way across that wall.
I did finally get Alyssa in a shaded area so she would open her eyes and the wind was actually blowing in her favor for a minute. She looked stunning in my view finder. Sadly, I adjusted one thing on my camera to compensate for the shade and not the other things that I needed to adjust to balance out the changes so I ended up with massively overexposed shots. I didn't notice until I had taken like 20 because I was in too big a hurry to stop and look at the display screen. I should totally just stick with auto on this camera because I suck at this but at least it was one more lesson learned and I will go back and try again when I am not in such a hurry. You can still tell she looked really pretty though, right?
I did make her try again when I noticed my error but by then she was over it and we really needed to get to church. She is still such a pretty little thing though.
Alyssa's hair will NOT hold a curl. I curled it for her viola concert and it was stick straight before we even got there. I left her in hot curlers for a long time this morning and hair sprayed like crazy and even with the wind and time lapse, she still had a little bit of curl after church. Amazed!
Then we were off to church where I had the privilege of teaching all the YW today. I usually only teach the Beehives and when we are combined, the Presidency teaches. I don't know why I got to do it today but I am so glad. Since there is no Easter lesson in the manual I had to decide what to teach and it helped me really dig in to the scriptures this week. I read the last 3 chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John twice each this week because I was amazed at how much the story came alive for me and how I took completely different things from the story than I have in the past. I will have to write all my thoughts down somewhere, but don't worry, I won't do it here, not right now. I also studied the appearance of the resurrected Christ in the Book of Mormon and it was such an enriching experience for me this Easter week. I didn't end up having near as much time in class as I thought I would but I hope I conveyed at least some of what I learned this week. I won't re-teach my lesson but if you want to hear a great Easter message, I used this video in class...and this song...(didn't use this slide show cause I didn't like the pictures, just used the song on itunes).
So much I could say, and yet so much I could never say but I am deeply grateful for a Savior and I know that He lives and that He came for me. And for you. Happy Easter!!!
11 comments:
What a fun weekend! Aspen's hair won't hold a curl either. I guess it's from the Johnson side. I love Chloe's mustache! Too cute!
Wow, does look quite busy for you guys! I think you got some nice shots of your kids for Easter. More than I can say about my own images. I really wanted to do nice dress-up portraits, but it just didn't happen. We were so busy getting our feast ready for guests that time flew by, and I was exhausted afterward. Maybe next weekend I can force them to dress up again and sneak some shots in.
You have put everyone to shame with your Easter treats for YW. I was lazy and found a movie for Primary to watch. I also had to teach the lesson which I totally winged by finding some Friend article about the Easter timeline and then did a quick craft. The kids didn't seem to mind though. Then at the end I let them do an egg hunt (is that sacrilegious to do at church...hahaha).
Glad to see that Alex finally got his official promotion and belt. I've never heard of a "camo" belt.
I LOVED your lesson in Young Women's. Very touching. But since I gave you my Kleenex, I had to hold in the tears, which was not easy. Mostly because I am a sympathetic crier & every time you teared up, so did I. :)
And all of your kids are beautiful in their Easter clothes. Last year my kids wore the clothes from the year before because they hadn't outgrown them. But this year they had, so it was time for new clothes. Of course they will be wearing these for a couple of years, especially Liam & Nolan, I had to roll up their wasitbands & the pants were still too big.
And I actually do see the smear of Desitin but I didn't until you pointed it out. LOL Now it's really all I can see! It's just awful Julie, you should really do something about that. LOL J/K!!!
Those favors you made for YW are amazing. I wish I was one of your young women! :)
I admire so much how much of yourself and time you put into your callings... you just always go all out and you do amazing things.
What a fun post! Loved the lesson - thanks so much for sharing the video, the music, and the handouts - They turned out beautiful! You can use any egg as a mold, by the way, for sugar eggs - even the cheap plastic ones you fill with candies, but I really thought the eggs you created were perfect. If I had been doing it I wouldn't have made it to bed by even 3 a.m. You are a fast worker. And an impressive teacher. I, too, would love to be in your class!
I loved the photos of the kids by the lake, and the over exposed ones are unique in a creative way - showing off her beautiful smile in a way that a less exposed shot would not. And Chloe's transformation from baby to young lady keeps amazing me.
Hooray for the belt, too! What a handsome young man!
Cant wait to watch your videos. Staying home on Easter, I missed all that!
Have you ever tried spunge rollers? We do those a lot at our house (shower and then when mostly dry sleep with them in). The curl usually holds most of the day and is straight by morning. Cutting off 4 inches helped.
How fun! Baseball games! And I totally agree wearing last years dresses is okay especially when they look and are brand new. PS Alyssa looks so much like you! Beauty you both are!
Jen, I have done the resurrection Easter egg hunt in Primary so you are not alone.
Julie, I thought about the cheapy plastic eggs and a mold but I wanted them to open lengthwise and couldn't find any plastic eggs that opened that way?
Makinzee, We have done sponge curlers and they work beautifully but she still always loses the curl in about 20 minutes. My horse hair will hold a curl until I wash it but I guess in the end she is lucky that she didn't get coarse frizzy horse hair.
I have to take credit!! The hair came from me. The only way I can get a curl is with a perm!! But great pictures, and it looks like such a fun weekend. But, i really think you are fibbing--Seth helped with CRAFTS?? Nah, not our Seth! Alex looks so impressive! And I can see how Chloe charmed her way into her snacks--what a doll!
Ann, Don't feel bad about the hair. At least it isn't frizzy and she also got her beautiful dark brown eyes from you. As for Seth crafting...not really. He helped by modifying the tablet so he could download and save the video and song that I needed. He also helped me look for an egg mold and he had the transfer paper idea so he ran to store and helped test it out and for eggs and then pins to poke holes in the eggs and he helped blow out the eggs but no ribbon and cardstock or anything like that. I know he thinks I am over the top sometimes but he knows he can't talk me out of it so he has gotten very good about jumping in to help. Hmmmm...sounds like his mother who jumped in and helped at trunk or treat. See all the good things you passed down!
My favorite picture is the one on the bench with Alyssa's head in her hands. Classic!
Your treats for the YW were amazing! I love how you gave them a treat but also kept it somewhat spiritual. Where did you get the gift boxes?
And your pictures look great! I totally forgot to take a picture of Emma all dressed up. And I love how you are just in awe of Alyssa's beauty and can't seem to say enough about it. She is lovely! I feel the same way about Emma, and sometimes feel a little weird saying it as much as I want, like it will come off sounding conceited or prideful or something. I love hearing another mom talk about their adoration for their kids openly and honestly. So nice.
We still haven't made it to a Brewers game. It's on our list of things to do this year though! Probably have to wait til summer so the late night won't be a problem for Emma. You always make the games look like so much fun!
Post a Comment