CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Okay, Where's the Hidden Camera?

Is someone pranking me?

If you read comments than you may have already read about the school librarian calling to compliment Alyssa and my parenting a few weeks ago. Wow, didn't see that coming, but I'll take it.

So then today the phone rings and the caller ID informs me that it is the school. Alyssa was a little groggy this morning so I figured they were calling to ask me to pick her up. But, no. This time it was the art teacher calling to tell me how delightful my children are. How Alyssa is sweet and hard working and Alex comes in excited to share all of the projects he is working on at home and to get to work creating at school. She said they are incredibly imaginative and creative children and that she just wanted me to know how much she enjoys them.

Okay, I will agree that creativity is a strong point for my kids. When I have to fill out those help us get to know your child forms I always mention that they are very creative, but I am still wondering if something weird is going on here. Does the school have an experiment going this year to see if they can encourage and strengthen the flaky moms with lots of positive feedback or something?

I am just humble enough to be a little suspicious and just prideful enough to be loving all the good news phone calls. But....

If the gym teacher calls, I'm gonna know something's up.

P.S. Before you misunderstand and attack me for not believing in my kids... I know my kids are amazing. I am not shocked to have someone confirm that. I am only shocked at what they are assuming about me as a parent. Having me for a mom is like growing up in the zoo. No real chores, no real discipline, not a vegetable in sight. They are being raised like little monkeys. I am just happy they don't fling poop at their teachers.

8 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

That is SO fun! Personal calls from the teachers? Good job to all of you. I love your last paragraph. LOL

Cheryl said...

That is awesome. Seriously. I think your kids are great too so it's not surprising but it really is surprising that teachers are taking the time to call and tell you that. You don't hear about them doing that very often . I think it is great and you know Alyssa probably really needed that after her teacher last year!

LeShel said...

Your kids are that awesome. I'm most impressed with you -answering the phone! You go!

I finally can see the pics on your blog. My computer has been hating on me and not letting me see so many things lately. I love all the cute pics you've got. I love all the time you spent at the beach. I'm stealing the apple cider pic.

Susie said...

Ha, you didn't recognize my voice?

Jen said...

I think it's wonderful that these teachers are going out of their way to call you with good news. That doesn't seem to happen very often these days (at least not in my home...haha). You should just be proud and eat it up. I know from your posts since I've started visiting your blog that your kids are quite creative, so it's no wonder that they are being recognized for that in school as well.

Ha to LeShel's comment about you answering the phone...so true, you nut!

Val said...

I also love that last paragraph...perfect description!

You know I'm an avid fan of the Johnson kiddos...always have been.

Tony and Ann said...

This is coming from the mom who makes "donuts" out of cheerios?? And frosts and dips them? And makes ice cream cones out of bugles?? Of course they are creative (and smart and cute and...) with a mom like you.

Sally said...

Your on a roll! Now you just need to start shopping at Big Lots and you will probably get all sorts of compliments. Which reminds me, I haven't been in quite a while and I could use a little pick me up.