Did anyone see this headline yesterday?
Seriously Wisconsin? After all the nice stuff I just said about you!
In other less than desirable news, I cut my eyeball again. It took weeks for the left eye to fully heal and now I have a twin injury to my right eye. This time Seth was cleaning the rain gutters on our roof while I held the ladder. I was looking up talking to him when a rock came out of the rain gutter and hit my eye. That night I got a headache and the next day felt like my eye was bruised and now my eye is all bloodshot are sore. What the heck? I have never torn my eye ever and now I do it twice back to back. Although, I think it is more of a scratch than a cut because while it looks irritated there is not a chunk flopping away from the rest of the orb this time, so that's good news.
And in other good news, SUPER good news, my little brother Michael is home from Iraq! I cried watching the video of him reuniting with his family and I keep crying every time I think about it. His baby was brand new when he left, but his 2 year old remembered him and ran out into his arms. It was so cute that I have to share. Click HERE if you want to see it. It's only a minute long and so sweet!
I hope it's okay that I shared that, Michael and Stephanie. If not, tell me and I will take down the link. Welcome Home Michael! We love you and are so proud! Now we just need to get you out of Germany and stationed somewhere in the Midwest.
Second Week of School
3 years ago
8 comments:
I heard that the other day on the news- I guess we are supposed to get worse weather than anyone this year. So, we bit the bullet and finally got a snowblower!
I am sorry about your eye. That sucks. Let me know if you need anything.
And that video is adorable. Very sweet. Thanks for sharing.
Now my eyes are watering too. That video was so wonderfully touching! Glad he returned safely.
Try "Systane" eye drops and see if they help your eye at all. Every time I get something that's irritating my eyes (usually a scratch) it seems to help me. Sorry about the pain.
I didn't know you had a brother in Iraq. So glad he is home safe and sound. Bummer about your eye. That is really strange, don't you know to blink before it hits you! JK. I'm sure you did and it stuck with you.
Make the cobbler with apples. It is yummy. I didn't know Mike hadn't tried the one I made and dumped it out because it was calling my name and I was so full, so guess I have to make it again and try to avoid temptations!
Cheryl, The Bladows had a super nice snowblower and we bought it when they moved. We are thrilled to have it but still not excited for a doozy of a winter though.
Julie, Thanks for the tip. I will have to get those eye drops.
Your poor eye. Ouch!
So glad your brother is with his family! Loved watching them reunited.
Your eye again! What the...?!? Well, I hope it heals quickly. That totally bites!
It's funny you saw that article because Mike was just looking up "long range" weather forecasts for our area last night, and it didn't look good for us either. I don't know if I like having all this warm weather lately now because I feel like it's going to be payback this winter now. And my first winter here, too, of all winters. Boo!
Sorry I've been missing in action the past week. We have all been sick. And Annie was home (and up all last night and the night before) with pneumonia. Again. This is going to be a fun fall and winter.
I'm hoping that article is specific to Wisconsin and not the surrounding areas. I'm pretending that Michigan is going to be warm this winter.
Sorry about your eye, and I'm so glad your brother is home with his family!
Super sweet video. I'm sorry about your eye! That's awful (again). As for your winter, that sounds so hard. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment