CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Roadtrip Review Part Two: The Sealing

While in Utah, we had the opportunity to go to the Mount Timpanogas temple in American Fork, Utah for the sealing of Ann and Tony, Seth's mom and stepdad. Seth had always planned to be there, but since we ended up driving out, we were able to go together.

It was fun to see them so happy, and also to see family that we would not otherwise have seen on this trip. All of Seth's brothers and sisters were in town, and almost all the grandkids were there too. We got to see Seth's grandparents, whom I adore. I also got to briefly talk to Seth's Aunt Julie, who has become my good friend through blogging. And I got to see my old friend, Shikay, from way back when. She went to High School with Seth. Our history is long, but in a nutshell...she HATED me, kept telling Seth he could find someone better, then we became friends (after Seth and I split up) and hung out all the time, then she married Seth's cousin, and eventually reconnected me and Seth. This chick cracks me up. I wish we could hang out more because she just makes me laugh my face off. We are really nothing but volume and obnoxiousness together, and it was so fun to see her again.

Have a look at some pictures from the sealing day.

The happy couple.
Photobucket
Seth's sisters. I thought they all looked so pretty in this picture. I love seeing sisters together!
Photobucket
The five Johnson kids
Photobucket
Seth giving his mom a picture of the Timpanogas Temple, from all her kids.
Photobucket
We were too busy gabbing to stop and take a proper picture, but someone snuck a shot of us chatting with Shikay at Olive Garden, after the temple.
Photobucket
After Olive Garden, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. My sister Kelly had Chloe for the day and brought her down. Alyssa and Alex were spending the day with Grandpa Bob, and he brought them down. Here we are with Seth's siblings, their families, Ann and Tony and Grandma and Grandpa Loveridge.
Photobucket
And since we had all but one grandkid there we had to attempt a picture. I have about 50 shots of them in the tree but this is about the best I could get. You try to get 4 two year old girls and a bunch of wild tree climbing kids to smile in synch.
Photobucket
Alex does not climb trees (I hear he has a paranoid mom) so he had to get a lift in and out of the tree.
Photobucket
Swinging with daddy.
Photobucket
Later that night we were all invited to Ann and Tony's hotel to have pizza and swim. So much fun. Who needs romance when you can have wall to wall grandchildren? Ha,Ha!
Photobucket
And here's one that made his Papa proud. Alex happily floated around in this baby toy all evening, and even got brave enough to jump in. Maybe we can graduate our 5 1/2 year old son to arm floaties this summer. He can blame his paranoid mom in therapy 20 years from now.
Photobucket


Congratulations Ann and Tony! Thanks for sharing your big day with us.

4 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

It WAS a great day, wasn't it? And the weather even cleared just long enough for the outdoor pictures. And--everyone listening??--the kids were great, went to bed when they were told (I do think we wore them out), and they did this all without mom around. When Chloe asked "mommy??", I'd just say "she'll be back soon", and she was content. Except she wanted to be held just before she fell asleep--and I could have held her all night, all snuggled up in my arms. So now that you know they are OK overnight without you, can they come back? Q-tip misses them! Rusty got over being mad about them being here--but did not show up until the next Wednesday, after we'd driven around looking for a flat cat and called animal control!! We are so glad you could both come to the sealing--kinda like more frosting on a wonderfully frosted cake--only missing Jonathon.

Team Ryan said...

I laughed when you talked about all the grandkids chillin with them on the night of their sealing! That is so great that you could all be there together to be a part of such a special day for them. That trip looked like it was fun! I LOVE the shot of all the kids in the tree, it is WAY cute!!! I LOVED the framed picture the family gave them... so pretty!

Congrats Ann and Tony :)

Anonymous said...

So much fun! I love the pic of Al in his favorite swim toy. Dave thought it was cool that Al uses that since most adults prefer chilling and floating too!

Heather said...

Wow! Talk about a trip filled with mixed emotions! From funerals to temple sealings....Saying goodbye and saying hello. All feelings of love, expressed in different ways. What a cool experience!