I decided to take a few pictures today. I feel like I have not been taking enough pictures in the past couple weeks so I made up for it this afternoon by taking 78 pictures, and 3 videos at the beach.
I want to show you the whole album because I thought all the kids were being so cute but I won't. I have tried to narrow it down a bit but you can probably catch some more pics of Katelin's kids on her blog if you are still excited about our beach trip by the end of this post.
Chloe started the day by dumping buckets of sand on herself...always fun!

Alex ran through the waves

Alyssa spent lots of time digging. Another beach goer taught her and John how to dig down in the sand and find water. That occupied lots of time so thanks to our friendly stranger for entertaining the kids.

Something weird was going on at the nearby park. People were dressed in old fashioned clothing and there were tents everywhere. One of their boats and tents was abandoned on the beach so we moved in.

Close-up

Our beach house

Arrrgh!

I am so embarrassed that mom made me get in this tent

Time to dig

Chloe loves the beach! With that cute face you would never guess that she was bullying strangers, but she was.
Beautiful girl, beautiful world
Here is the point where I was trying to get a picture of Chloe buried, but she was eating sand. I looked up from the camera and saw that she was dry heaving and when I got closer I saw that her eyes were rolling up in her head in a funny way. Note to self: Kids can choke on sand!

Let the tire swing pictures begin

How do you get 3 kids to all look at the same time?

Still no luck!

Meanwhile Alyssa was doing this...

Curly slide

Another attempt to photograph the tire swing.

Never mind, we'll just take a video (but I doubt I will upload it here)

Wheeeee!!!! (In Chloe's own words)

The boys spent some time jumping into the lake...another thing we caught on video but will probably not upload at this time)

The End!
11 comments:
Cute pictures. We would have loved to ave gone, but there's just much to do around here. Hopefully, next week we can attempt another visit.
A+ for the turn-around time! :o) I love that you post pictures so fast, and you really did get some good ones! Love the last one...
They are so rad! My favorite pics are Alyssa leaning backward, Al and Alyssa both on the curly slide, and Chloe's awesome shot on the sand. How does that kid always nail those pics that look like Parenting magazine covers?
And I just have to mention..."beautiful girl, beautiful world?" HAHA, you had to know with our family that someone would tease you for that sap!!
Oh I want to be there!!! Great pictures and darling kids!
Too much fun! We really do need to make it up there in the summer sometime!
Love the picts of friends!
That looks like so much fun. At least you have the beach to look forward to all winter long.
Julie,
RE: Picture #11....that is a 'Beautiful girl, beautiful world', however, with respect to picture #2, that is Alex , but those aren't waves.
Dad
Julie, thanks for including us on your beach trip. Pictures at the beach always turn out the best. Which lake is this? Sorry I don't know my Wisconsin geography - I know it's probably one of the great lakes - and I kept thinking it was the ocean, except for as your dad pointed out the waves disprove that.
I am also just realizing how much Alyssa poses for pictures - very cute. My favorite is with everyone on the tire swing. Also how did you get Chloe to stop choking (that is my biggest parenting fear) - did you scrape her mouth out, turn her upside down or what?
Cute pictures! I love all the cute expressions on the kids faces. Oh how I miss that beach!
Okay, so now this post is buried and I see that you asked some questions Jimmie. You may or may not get this, but here are the answers.
That is Lake Michigan. It is about 1/2 mile from us. It is massive! I could not comprehend it until I saw it. It is super cold, but cleaner than the ocean and not salt water so big points for that.
As for the choking...I dug Chloe out of the sand and scraped her tongue off. She was trying to do that herself but her hands were sandy. Then I rinsed her up with lake water. Luckily sand rinses down easily. Choking is a BIG fear of mine too. Once Alex choked and my friend gave him the heimlich because I was freaking out.
Post a Comment