CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apple Picking

One of my favorite days of the year here in Wisconsin is apple picking day. Seriously, don't laugh! We meet up at "The Brat Stop" (how Wisconsin is that?) and caravan out to the orchard with a few families from church. This year we went with the Sladek, Harris, Morton, Smith, Gowans, and Delavan families. We picked yummy golden delicious apples and there were even a few honey crisp apples left this year.



After we pick our apples we head over to the smoke shop and get lots of crackers, cheese, sausage, cider and super greasy fried apple cider donuts. Can you tell we're in Wisconsin yet? An apple a day may keep the doctor away where you are, but not here. After we purchase our clogged arteries we head over to the picnic area and feast while the kids play and pet goats.



It may not sound that exciting to you but I love all our little Johnson family traditions that we have started out here and it is always fun to get together with our picking buddies. (2 posts in a row about picking) Plus, I LOVE APPLES! I eat them every single day and the best apples I get all year are the ones from the orchard. I think I went overboard this year though so I am looking for good apple recipes...anyone? I have already baked a cookie bar that I got from my cousins blog. It is just coming out of the oven and it smells like Fall so I must go.



2 comments:

Team Ryan said...

Looks fun...Wish we could have gone :)

Sally said...

That looks like so much fun. It reminds me of picking pears when I was younger. Your kids are so cute.